Monday, July 25, 2011

Things I Love: I Enjoy Being a Girl (or Summer Beauty Favorites)


1. Vichy Dermablend makeup: I've become obsessed with Lisa Eldridge's make-up videos lately - girl is a capital-P Professional! One of my favorites is this amazing video, where she basically real-life Photoshops away a model's acne. I've had acne issues on and off for the past three years (as teenager, nothing; I hit 23 and all of the sudden, it's zit central on my jaw bone) and this video was so amazing that I had to buy the magic makeup Ms. Eldridge used. I just got it last week and I'm in love - it works just as well as it does in the video.
2. "That Gal" makeup primer: I love Benefit cosmetics. Every item I've tried from them has become a favorite. I ordered a sampler that included That Gal makeup primer, PoreFessional primer, and Stay Don't Stray eyemake primer and already know that I can't go without That Gal. Not only does it smooth over any dry spots, it adds a bit of brightness. My makeup goes on so much better now.
3. Sephora foundation brush #47: Really love how soft this is, as well as how small it is. It makes it easy to get smooth coverage. Plus, makeup brushes are fun.
4. Kiehl's lip balm, coconut flavor: Best lip balm ever, no contest. Instead of constantly applying it throughout the day, I only need to use it 2-3 times a day. It's magic.
5. "Hello, Flawless!" powder foundation: The name pretty much says it. Another Benefit product I love to bits. And combined with That Gal primer, it doesn't look powdery or cakey at all.
6. Kate Spade Twirl perfume: a fresh summery scent. I haven't bought new perfume in awhile, so it's nice to have something to switch between from my standard Daisy (though I will never get rid of Daisy, it's my absolute favorite ever).
7. High Beam highlighter: The last Benefit product on my list, but one of my all-time favorites. It's good for days when I don't want to wear much makeup: a bit on the cheekbones and a bit on the browbone brightens up my complexion enough that I don't look tired. It's pretty great stuff.
8. Bumble and bumble Surf Spray: LOVE this stuff! It's meant to give you wavy "beach hair," but it also makes your hair a bit matte, so it covers up second (or third) day grease. It also gives my super-straight hair texture. 

0 comments: