1. The Grinch Who Stole Christmas: Nothing beats this movie - it's got humor and heart and Whos, as well as "You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch" (if you ever need a creative insult, google the lyrics to this song). It never fails to warm my heart when the Grinch's heart grows three sizes and he gains the strength of ten grinches, plus two!
2. White Christmas: Bing Crosby + Rosemary Clooney + "Let's put on a show!" = GOLD
3. The Muppet Christmas Carol: I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I adore the muppets. Anything they've ever done, I love. There's just such a sweet, optimistic sense of humor about the muppets that completely melts my heart. Also, this version of Tiny Tim is the sweetest take on the character ever - the mini-Kermit Tim will totally break your heart.
4. Santa Claus Conquers the Martians: I saw this on UEN's Sci-Fi Friday a couple years ago and it's my new favorite thing. It's exactly what you'd expect of a movie with such a title: Martian children are sad, so their Martian parents invade the North Pole and kidnap Santa, so he will cheer up the depressed kids. Eventually, Santa teaches the Martians the true meaning of Christmas, a goofy Martian volunteers to be the Martian Santa, and the real Santa Claus returns to Earth. There's an MST3K version of this movie that's hilarious, of course, but the movie is great with or without Tom Servo.
5. A Christmas Story: There's a reason TNT plays this movie for 24 hours straight.
Honorary Mentions: Lord of the Rings and Harry Potter - not necessarily Christmas movies, but they were released at Christmastime and are replayed in December.
**This is a post from my personal blog, I Like Stuff/Stuff I Like - check it out!